- Hon. Woyome has questioned four (4) sector ministers on the floor of parliament in 2022
- In this post, we look at all the questions he asked this year, from February 2022 to July 2022
This year, the member of parliament for South Tongu, Hon. Kobena Mensah Woyome has asked four (4) sector ministers varying questions in parliament that are both of national interest and in the best interest of the good people of the district he represents.
We take a look at all the seven (7) questions he asked from February 2022 to July 2022
1. Question to the Minister of Youth and Sports on 18th Feb. 2022
- How much the National Youth and Sports Authority has received from the 5% allocation from the District Assemblies Common Fund from 2017-2020, and how it has been utilized to enhance youth development.
- What steps have been taken to establish the Ghana Youth Federation, and how youth representatives are appointed to the Board of the National Youth Authority in the absence of the Ghana Youth Federation.
- The steps that have been taken to establish District and Regional Youth Committees as provided for in the National Youth Authority Act 2016.
2. Question to the Minister of Interior on 23rd Feb. 2022
- What is being done to restore the fire tender at Sogakope, which serves the South Tongu District to enable the Fire Service to respond quickly to emergencies
- The measures in place to get rid of the proliferation of illegal arms and ammunition which are being used to perpetuate heinous crimes across the country.
3. Question to the Minister of Food and Agriculture on 11th March 2022
- What steps the ministry is taking to assist okro and other vegetable farmers in the South Tongu District of the Volta Region to add value through processing to maintain stable price on the market and to prevent post-harvest losses.
4. Question to the Minister of Energy on the 27th of July 2022
- The steps the ministry is taking to carry out routine dredging of the rivers around some communities located at the Lower Volta Basin.
Watch video here: https://fb.watch/h0xSFYrupR/