- Shatta Wale has come out to explain why he didn’t perform at this year’s Hogbe Beach Rave despite being the headline act for the event
- According to him, there was a breach of contract that led to his decision to boycott the show
- He revealed that he agreed to perform for GHC 200,000 along with one TV/Radio interview and a phone interview
- However, this agreement was breached when he arrived at Keta
- He shared details of how everything happened during a live video
Shatta Wale has finally revealed what actually happened at Keta when he arrived for his headline show, Hogbe Beach Rave.
According to him, one of the organizers asked him to do a radio interview upon arrival but he declined because that was not what was agreed upon.
The outspoken dancehall artiste said he agreed to only one TV/Radio interview which he had already honored on Onua TV on 3rd November 2022, that is, two days before the Hogbe Beach Rave. Thus, any other interview was a breach of contract.
During the live video, he revealed what one of the show promoters said to his business manager about having another interview in Keta which wasn’t part of the initial agreement.
Watch video before:
Meanwhile, the event organizers released a press statement on Sunday, 6th November 2022 apologizing to the thousands of people who came to Eli Beach Resort to watch Shatta Wale perform.
“The Managements of Onua Group and Ebony Condoms wish to express their regret and apologies to the thousands of people who thronged the Eli Beach Resort at Tegbi to be part of the Onua Festival Train Beach Rave concert at the 2022 Hogbetsotso Festival for the inability of the headline artiste to perform as publicised for 5th November 2022,” the first paragraph of the statement read.
The statement adds that it will find ways to compensate patrons who showed up at the event.
“The brands connected with the Beach Rave will find ways to compensate the patrons who showed up at the event.”
See the full statement on Onua online
However, Captain Smart is among the first to criticize Shatta Wale for not showing up at the event.
“Shatta why? One dangerous thing is to become popular and act superficial. I think that you should apologise to the Ghana Aids Commission and Ebony condoms. You have disrespected the entire Volta Region. You can joke with anything but you should not joke with the people of the Volta region. Shatta Wale, be careful. There can be whatever powers behind or before you, but don’t joke with the people of the Volta Region.”
“You must apologise to the people of the Volta Region. You sat here and said you’ve been paid. Why didn’t you come? This is a blunder. You’re my brother, and I’m not going to cast you because of this but you must apologise,” he is quoted to have said on Onua Online.
Shatta Wale was supposed to perform alongside some popular artistes from the Volta Region on 5th November 2022
Selorm Ameza writing on the issue says Shatta Wale owes the people of the Volta Region a free show
You owe over 30,000 Fans from all over the Volta Region a FREE Shatta SHOW in the same spot in Keta next month.
‘… the Organizers… owe the people of Anloland just as much as you do. So you guys should sort this out, this was our biggest Festival and we are trying hard to make it attractive to Tourists from both the local and international market so you no try give us, he wrote on Facebook.
He added that Shatta should have performed out of respect for the chiefs and people of the Volta Region.